Outside bets are bets on large groups of numbers or color placed on the outside of the table. These bets pay out 1: 1 or 2: 1 depending on the bet:
- Manque ou Passe: small or large rooms? Small numbers (Manque) are numbers from 1 to 18, and large (Passe) – 19-36.
- Rouge ou Noir: red or black?
- Pair ou Impair: odd or even? Please note that zero is not included in any of these groups.
- Dozen: All numbers on the table, except zero, are divided into 3 dozen. Namely 1-12, 13-24 and 25-36.
- Columns: Bets are placed on a group of numbers in a specific column. Zero is not included in any of the columns.
Inside bets get their name from the fact that they are placed on the numbers on the inside of the table. Payouts for them are much higher – up to 35: 1. There are several types of internal bets:
- Direct Bet (Single, One Number): Pick your favorite number. You can bet on any of 37 numbers, from 0 to 36.
- Split (into two rooms): can’t choose? Divide your bet between two adjacent numbers by placing your chip on a horizontal or vertical line between these numbers.
- Street (three numbers): Many consider three a mystical number. In roulette, you can place a bet on three numbers in one horizontal row.
- Angle (4 numbers): Place a chip at the intersection of the horizontal and vertical lines between the 4 numbers.
- Line (6 numbers): Also known as Double Street. Such a bet is placed between two horizontal rows for 3 numbers (straights), covering 6 numbers at once.
- Trio: Only available on tables with one zero. It is placed on the border of zero with two other numbers. Includes 0 and 2 adjacent numbers from 1 to 3.
- Basket (Basket): Available on Double Zero tables only. The bet is made according to the same principle as the trio. It includes one or both zeros and adjacent numbers (the total bet must cover three numbers).
- Top line (top line): only available on double zero tables. Covers both zeros and numbers from 1 to 3. The chip is placed at the corner of 0 and 1 or 00 and 3.
It can be difficult to choose one number. Many types of roulette offer the possibility of placing a single bet on several separate numbers and splits scattered throughout the table. Such bets are a true casino tradition.
- Voisins du zéro (neighbors zero): a bet on “neighbors zero” covers 8 numbers on either side of the zero on the wheel, as well as the zero itself. The bet is made with 9 chips and includes 1 trio, 5 splits and one corner.
- Jeu zéro (zero game): This is a bet on the numbers 12, 35, 3, 26, 32, 15 and 0. The bet is made with 4 chips and includes 3 splits and one straight bet.
- Le tiers du cylindre (opposite 0, 3rd sector of the wheel): one of the most popular types of bets in UK casinos. Covers a third of the wheel, that is, a dozen numbers opposite zero, from 27 to 33 inclusive. The bet is made with 6 chips and includes 6 different splits.
- Orphelins (Single Numbers): This is a bet on numbers that are not included in the Neighbors Zero and Third Wheel groups above. The bet is made with 5 chips, covers 8 numbers, including 4 splits and one straight bet. The bet is made with 5 chips and includes 4 splits and one straight bet.